McCree is looking for an Architectural Designer to join our Team! The Architectural Designer researches, plans, designs, and administers projects for clients.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: McCree offers highly-competitive compensation and benefits. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Compensation is negotiable.
- Cooperate with and take direction from Project Coordinator and Senior Architect to expedite the Pre-Construction phase of design/build projects.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- Help consult with client/Project Coordinator/Senior Architect to determine functional and spatial requirements of the proposed building or renovation project, along with the overall scope of work involved
- Help execute accurate code reviews to ensure project compliance and determine all cumulative design parameters of the project.
- Exceptional computer, REVIT, AutoCAD, and 3D modeling skills preferred.
- Work with and assist the Project Coordinator and Senior Architect in accurately determining the project budget upfront in order to expedite the pre-construction process efficiently.
- Help initiate upfront pre-construction meetings with consultants /peers /estimating to determine the most cost-effective systems, spaces and products to employ in the design of buildings.
- Plan/produce the design of projects, which meet the client’s needs and budget with a responsibility toward efficiently integrating engineering elements into a unified design for client review and approval.
- Assist the Design Architect with designing buildings that reflect a high level of aesthetic appeal by the marketplace so that marketing of architectural design and design/build services is made easier.
- Review/Share design concepts/work with design architect and other departments for the purpose of improving the architectural design and the “constructibility” of projects within the project budget.
- Help prepare presentation drawings, renderings and models as required on the project.
- Help to supervise and manage consultants assigned to the project. Must have a comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Collaboration with the estimating and construction departments on Design Build projects.
- Prepare project designs and plans using CADD software and equipment.
- Prepare accurate scaled drawings and contract documents with appropriate detail for building contractors.
- Help manage the activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents. Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments. Must be able to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Responsible for seeing projects through the permitting stage in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Production 60% of the time.
- Responsible for timely and accurate communication with the client/Project Coordinator/Senior Architect and other departments within the company. Key here is full and timely “accountability” for work under personal control and for tasks assigned by management personnel. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Estimate production hours required to adequately complete new jobs on budgeted time, by phase.
- Help manage project staff hours under personal control on daily / weekly/monthly basis, by phase.
- Develop pre-construction schedules and keep them up to date.
- Help manage drafting/office supplies and equipment under personal control.
- Help maintain proper project files, drawings, computer disks and correspondence with a responsibility toward
- insuring that all appropriate information is created and maintained.
- Assist in maintaining the File Room, the Vault and Archived Files and their contents against damage, loss or disorganization so that contents are accurately perpetuated for later use.
- Responsible ultimately to Architectural Division Manager and adherence to the current policies and procedures in place for the management of the department and the welfare of the company.
- Maintain pro-active involvement in McCree, Inc. “marketing culture” program.
- Manage project cost and financials under personal control.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) of architecture or equivalent required, plus 5-10 years of architectural design experience is desired.
- Computer literate, including MS Office, CAD, and Revit. Proficiency with creative software is desired (Renderings, Photoshop, and Sketchup).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered in the state of Florida as Architect or working towards the goal in the very near future. Membership in AIA and other organizations are desired. LEED Certified desired. Reasonable photo experience is required.
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available during normal office hours and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities and any additional time as required to meet goals and objectives.
McCree promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.