Commercial Construction Superintendent
Do you have a vast knowledge of construction and are a good leader? McCree is looking for qualified commercial construction Superintendents to work in the central Florida area. McCree superintendents are responsible for providing on-site supervision for all phases of the construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. If you believe in quality work done right, then we want you on our team!
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: McCree offers highly-competitive compensation and benefits. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Compensation is negotiable.
- Schedule subcontractors and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work being preformed
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor not-compliance with safety, health and environmental quality standards
- Maintain daily log
- Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Conduct field employee evaluations
- Conduct weekly job site safety meetings
- Must have good written and verbal communication
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 10 years construction experience; computer skills desired.
- Computer literate, utilizing all McCree software proficiently. This includes Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel,
Outlook, Project, etc. Timberline is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- OSHA 30 Hour certification, First Aid Certification, CPR Certification, Power Activated tools certificate and Forklift certificate.
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities and any additional time as required to meet goals and objectives. Superintendents may start up to 30 minutes early and stay up to 30 minutes late for the purpose of lying out and storing tools and equipment, completion of paperwork and other activities necessary for the efficient operation of the job site. This is to be applied on a daily basis as job conditions dictate.
McCree promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.