Commercial Construction Foreman
McCree General Contractors & Architects is looking for a Commercial Construction Foreman to join our Team! Our Foreman supervises all lower classifications and must be proficient in all construction experience. Must be capable of managing small jobs and work with a minimum of supervision. Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in customer contact. Must be capable of keeping accurate job records and must have knowledge of all phases of construction. And be able to proficiently operate level and other surveying equipment. Must be able to perform superintendent’s duties when required.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: McCree offers highly-competitive compensation and benefits. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Compensation is negotiable.
- Check materials and structural unit, such as lumber, block and concrete and inspect them to ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinances.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors, including duct work, wiring, and pipe installation, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Can perform any finish or rough carpentry function.
- Studies production schedules given by the project manager or superintendent and ensures that the work is completed on schedule.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedure to meet production schedules.
- Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework.
- Installation of wood
- Installation of metal framing
- Installation of roof trusses
- Installation of lock sets
- Installation of decking
- Installation of blocking and back
- Installation of reinforced steel
- Installation of concrete forms, including slab edges
- Installations of beams and columns
- Hang and fire tape drywall
- Supervises workers assigned to him.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of the structure.
- Be proficient in blueprint and specification reading.
- Lays out floor plan and cabinet work.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Initiates or suggests plan to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in resolving problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Must be proficient in the use of all construction power tools air or electric. Be trained and proficient in all mill shop equipment.
- Assist Superintendent in any task he is trying to perform.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), 10 years experience in the construction industry.
- Computer literate, utilizing assigned McCree software efficiently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- OSHA, CPR, First Aid, forklift certificate and powder activated tool certificate.
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available during normal office hours and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities as directed by the Superintendent and any additional time as required to meet goals and objectives.
McCree promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.