McCree is looking for an Architectural Designer to join our Team! The Architectural Designer researches, plans, designs, and administers projects for clients.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: McCree offers highly-competitive compensation and benefits. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Compensation is negotiable.
- Cooperate with and take direction from Project Architect to expedite the Pre-Construction phase of design/build projects.
- Help consult with client/Project Coordinator/Project Architect to determine functional and spatial requirements of the proposed building or renovation project, along with the overall scope of work involved.
- Help conduct upfront pre-construction meetings with consultants/peers/estimating to determine the most cost-effective systems, spaces and products to employ in the design of buildings.
- Help plan the design of projects, which meet the client’s needs and budget with a responsibility toward efficiently integrating engineering elements into a unified design for client review and approval.
- Help design buildings under Project Architect that reflect a high level of aesthetic appeal by the marketplace so that marketing of architectural design and design/build services is made easier.
- Share design concepts with and solicit critiques from design peers and other departments for the purpose of improving the architectural design and the “constructibility” of projects within the project budget.
- Help Project Architect prepare presentation drawings, renderings and models as required on the project.
- Help to supervise and manage consultants assigned to the project.
- Prepare project designs and plans using CAD/BIM software and equipment.
- Responsible for developing and managing – under Senior Architects and Architectural Division CAD Manager – the CAD/BIM standards for the department and their integration with outside consultants and clients.
- Prepare accurate scaled drawings and contract documents with appropriate detail for building contractors.
- Help to manage the activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Assist in seeing projects through the permitting stage in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Collaboration with the estimating and construction departments on Design Build projects.
- Prepare meeting minutes and follow department documentation procedures.
- Visit sites to prepare As-builts and construction field reports.
- Production 80% of the time.
- Responsible for timely and accurate communication with the client/Project Coordinator/Senior Architect and other departments within the company. Key here is full and timely “accountability” for work under personal control and for tasks assigned by management personnel.
- Help manage drafting/office supplies and equipment under personal control.
- Help maintain proper project files, drawings, computer disks and correspondence with a responsibility toward ensuring that all appropriate information is created and maintained.
- Assist in maintaining the File Room, the Vault and Archived Files and their contents against damage, loss, or disorganization so that contents are accurately perpetuated for later use.
- Responsible ultimately to Architectural Division Manager and the adherence to the current policies and procedures in place for the management of the department and the welfare of the company.
- Maintain pro-active involvement in McCree, Inc. “marketing culture” program.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) of architecture, Interior Design or equivalent required with 5 Years’ experience.
- Exceptional computer, Revit, AutoCAD, and proficiency with creative software is desired (Renderings, Photoshop, and Sketchup)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Portfolio experience is desired
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available during normal office hours and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities and any additional time as required to meet goals and objectives.
McCree promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.